Monday, April 30, 2012

Monologue.

X: I have deceived myself for you a thousand times. Lost myself in you a thousand times. In search of you I have found myself anew a thousand times. Yet I stand hear today, feeling as empty as ever.
You have thrown me in heaven and hell a thousand times. Many a times you took the life away from my life. Many a times I felt the life flowing out of me. Ecstasy, Joy, Misery and Pain. I have experienced it all. Yet nothing seems to stay.

You ask for my surrender. Well I have already surrendered to my fate. I want you but time and again you throw me back to myself. I want to unveil you but you being the greatest of schemers made me the veil and hid behind it.

I pray ardently but you communicate with me only through the language of silence. Why should I abide by your rules then? Why should I honor you? You gave me enough courage to challenge your authority but not enough to deny you. What kind of justice is this? Love me, despise me, kill me, adore me but just let me know it Lord. Will you ever answer oh dear Lord?


(Just the eerie silence)


5 comments:

Awais Aftab said...

I really liked this post!

Awais Aftab said...

God plays cruel games of hide and seek, it appears.

"33. The Atheist is God playing at hide & seek with Himself; but is the Theist any other? Well, perhaps; for he has seen the shadow of God and clutched at it."

"28. God is a great & cruel Torturer because He loves. You do not understand this, because you have not seen & played with Krishna."

"417. Thy soul has not tasted God’s entire delight, if it has never had the joy of being His enemy, opposing His designs and engaging with Him in mortal combat.

418. If you cannot make God love you, make Him fight you. If He will not give you the embrace of the lover, compel Him to give you the embrace of the wrestler.

419. My soul is the captive of God, taken by Him in battle; it still remembers the war, though so far from it, with delight and alarm and wonder."

[Sri Aurobindo, Aphorisms]

So they say.

Qasim Aziz said...

Wonderful! :-)

Anonymous said...

Amazing :)

"God so willed that the pearl of His love should be set in the shell of popular contempt and be cast into the sea of affliction, in order that those who seek it may hazard their lives on account of its preciousness and dive to the bottom of this ocean of death, where they will either win their desire or bring their mortal state to an end."
Syed Usman Ali Bin Hujweri

Qasim Aziz said...

Thanku for sharing this great passage :)